Drupal Site Builder / Developer / Themer
CivicActions is seeking individuals with skills in Drupal site building, development and/or theming. Cross-functional experience in 2 or more areas is a plus. This role works within our agile process as a technical resource for the scrum team with our clients in the non-profit and public sector.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
You will be developing, improving, configuring and bug fixing contributed and custom modules in the context of specific site needs, aiming for maintainability, simplicity and reusability. You’ll do this along side an amazing scrum team and dedicated clients. Your good sense of humor, collaborative and helpful nature, open and high quality communication style will be a great addition to our talented team. As part of a cross functional team you will be involved with the co-creation of project plans and pre-sales activities (estimates, sprint plans, scope, approach, schedule, risks).
We are a mission minded team and we want others to join us who have a real passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world. As a distributed team, we need people who can demonstrate technical and analytic proficiency, communication and organization skills. You should be comfortable in a consulting or professional services environment and working with cross-functional Agile teams. We like to see a track record of contributions to the Drupal community, FOSS or other open community projects. It’s a plus if you have US Government security clearance.
Does this all sound great so far? Great, keep reading!
Desired Skill Set
- Minimum of 2 years building Drupal sites
- In depth knowledge of Drupal site building, with skills in module selection and configuration of content, layout and navigation
- Familiarity with most common contributed modules
- Ability to navigate on the command line and use a version control system
- Familiarity with Features and code-based configuration deployment
- Skilled at working throughout the LAMP stack: PHP/MySQL development, command line and version control skills and workflows
- Experience with Drupal migrations using the Migrate module
- Experience with CRM systems, especially CiviCRM or CRMs in a non-profit context is a plus
- Complementary/specialized skills such as UX, design, QA, accessibility, performance, system administration, security are also a plus
We excel in our benefits offering and believe that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, healthy and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program. We have an open vacation policy and employees are encouraged to take time off as needed to feel balanced, productive and healthy. We have paid maternity and paternity leave. We have an annual all hands retreat to connect with each other in person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend. Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about.
We are a fully distributed remote team. You can work from home or find a great co-working space. You just need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and a structured schedule because we are a truly collaborative team. Ideally your timezone will be within the continental United States.
We strive for a more diverse team and women, people of color, and physically-challenged people are strongly encouraged to apply.