Project Manager / ScrumMaster
CivicActions is seeking a qualified Agile Project Manager. The PM works with the Scrum team, running Scrum calls, sprint planning, resource allocation, budgeting, planning, reporting, and many of the traditional PM tasks. The PM is also highly engaged with the client by training them on Scrum, including them in the process, and ensuring they are receiving full communication. Projects will range from 2-10 team members on schedules of 2 months to 2 years.
You are a master project manager. This means excellent communication skills (verbal & written), admirable organizational skills, and leadership qualities. People love working with you, you effectively build consensus, you have emotional intelligence, you bring out the best in others, you are a great planner but can also adapt to change. You know when to intervene and when to let it play out, and you know what really is a priority. You are excellent at managing your time and can coach others on this skill. You demonstrate warmth, humor, personality, directness, vulnerability, and care. It’s also a plus if you come to us with the following: ScrumMaster certification, PMP certification, Coach/mentoring skills, Experience with government and NGO clients, US Government security clearance, Proficiencies with the tools we use: Jira, Trello, Selenium, Google Drive, Google hangouts, Slack.
Does this all sound great so far? Great, keep reading!
- Plan and manage the scope, budget, and timeline.
- Help the Scrum team stay on the roadmap, remove obstacles, manage expectations, and assist with prioritization of the team’s work.
- Identify and communicate risks, client communications, and coach teams to resolve conflict.
- Maintain the backlog along with the PO, provide project reporting and documentation as needed.
- Schedule and facilitate daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, sprint demos, and retrospective ceremonies with the Scrum team.
- Maintain transparency on project status, risks, and communications.
- Contract review, requirements gathering, case study writing, end-user documentation, client trainings.
- Continuously measure and optimize workflow and communication processes.
- Be a teacher of and advocate for the Agile and Scrum methodology.
We excel in our benefits offering and believe that people who are well taken care of can be more balanced, healthy and happy. We offer 100% company-paid medical insurance, disability insurance and life insurance. We have a generous 401(k) program. We have an open vacation policy and employees are encouraged to take time off as needed to feel balanced, productive and healthy. We have paid maternity and paternity leave. We have an annual all hands retreat to connect with each other in person. We also emphasize professional development and offer an annual stipend. Community participation is important to us and we ask that you spend 5% of your working time giving back to a community that you care about.
We are a fully distributed remote team. You can work from home or find a great co-working space. You just need a computer, webcam, strong internet connection and a structured schedule because we are a truly collaborative team. Ideally your timezone will be within the continental United States.
We strive for a more diverse team and women, people of color, and physically-challenged people are strongly encouraged to apply.