We are looking for someone who lives and breathes design and is passionate about using her/his design superpowers for social change. You’ll be joining Exygy’s design team to work on diverse, impactful projects in the tech for good space. Your mastery of color, typography, and design theory will be instrumental in creating elegant UI, visual solutions, and assets across web and mobile platforms.
Exygy works with the world’s leading change-makers to design and build exceptional software. Some of our clients include: The UN World Food Program, the City of San Francisco, Google.org, the Wikimedia Foundation, and the Environmental Working Group. With a commitment to outstanding human-centered design and lean, standards-driven development, we work strategically and deliberately to create fantastic products that help our clients achieve their organizational goals.
The majority of our projects are custom web and mobile sites and applications. Your ability to design smart, engaging, and appropriate solutions will be instrumental for the successful completion of these projects. As a small, fast-growing, and driven organization you’ll have an opportunity to join a core team of talented designers and engineers and take a leadership position in the company as we continue to scale. Your work will engage on a wide variety of design challenges, whose successful completion directly leads to positive social change.
Your role will cover a number of responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with Exygy’s Lead Designer and design team to create sophisticated UI elements, mock ups, icons, style guides, and other production assets (buttons, dialogs, menus).
- Create engaging designs that successfully articulates the vision, goals, and identity of a project.
- Contribute to solving design challenges based on the functional requirements of the medium.
- Work with teams to design information architecture, navigation, and interactive components that deliver top-quality experiences.
- Diplomatically solicit and apply appropriate feedback from project team members relating to design and implementation.
- Work with developers during QA to check against “what you designed” vs. “what is built”.
- Demonstrate best practices, thoroughness, and a high level of critical thinking during the QA process.
Candidate Profile and Experience
- An online portfolio which demonstrates top-tier excellence in visual design across multiple verticals and platforms (mobile/web/desktop) required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent experience required;
- 3+ years of hands on professional experience as a Visual Designer or equivalent experience required;
- Possesses an excellent eye for detail.
- Has strong collaboration abilities, along with a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams; mindful, proactive, shares ideas, good listener.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and justify creative vision.
- An active interest in design.
- Ability to work independently.
- A focus on both a macro and micro level in terms of design details.
- The ability to give and take constructive feedback well in order to improve and develop.
- An interest in developing skills and sharing knowledge with fellow peers.
- The ability to manage time wisely, multi-task, project plan, context-switch, and keep your team up-to-date.
- Comfortable working within an agile development process.
- Experience producing high-quality visual designs—from concept to execution—for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions (icons, graphics, and marketing materials).
- Comprehensive knowledge of design principles, color, typography.
- Understanding of basic interactions across platforms.
- Ability to create icons, layouts and color schemes to use with our demo applications and software.
- Expert-level experience with Adobe suite of products, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator.
Nice to Have
Experience working with social good organizations and projects.
- Full time position
- Reports to the Lead Designer
- Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience
- Benefits include: medical, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; unlimited PTO; 401k matching; transportation credit; gym credit
Equal Employment Opportunity & Commitment to Diversity
We are actively seeking to create a diverse work environment because we believe that creates a stronger team.
Exygy values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, older members of society, and others from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply. Exygy is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws. All employees and contractors of Exygy are responsible for maintaining a work atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with dignity and respect.