Front End Developer (Seattle, WA)
About Forum One:
Forum One is a full service digital agency that works with mission-driven organizations to create the stunning designs, smart messaging, and custom built technology tools they need to realize their goals and extend their influence in the areas they care about most.
We are headquartered in Alexandria, VA, with additional offices in Washington, DC; Seattle, WA; and Cologne, Germany. We work influential organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Peace Corps, and the American Red Cross.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate in the development of websites using CMS platforms.
- Hand-code design comps into optimized, standards compliant websites.
- Create cross browser/platform compatible sites in a team environment with Information Architects and Designers.
- Implement and advocate for the use of standards based and semantic HTML and CSS to solve design problems.
- Assess existing sites/systems for code quality and interactive appeal.
- Evangelize for best practices for front-end development.
What you bring to the table:
- Two to five years ove experience in web development and working with web technologies.
- Solid portfolio showing at least 2–3 small to medium level projects.
- Experience with Photoshop required.
- Experience with CMS development, especially WordPress and Drupal.
- Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL.
- Understanding of web standards and accessibility guidelines.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines on a tight schedule.
- Experience collaborating with others and working in small teams.
- Not required but a plus: SASS/Compass, Git, Vagrant, Drush and the Drupal modules Panels, DisplaySuite, and Features.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
Why you’ll love it here:
- All employees are owners
- 401(k) match
- 25 days paid time off to start
- Flexible work hours
- Killer benefits & professional development
- Produce work for amazing, world-changing clients you can check out here
- Snacks, healthy ones and not so healthy ones
- Personal innovation budget
- Full staff retreats