User Experience Designer
About Forum One:
Forum One is a full service digital agency that works with mission-driven organizations to create the stunning designs, smart messaging, and custom built technology tools they need to realize their goals and extend their influence in the areas they care about most.
We are headquartered in Alexandria, VA, with additional offices in Washington, DC; Seattle, WA; and Cologne, Germany. We work influential organizations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the Peace Corps, and the American Red Cross.
Do you want to define the structure of sites and apps for organizations doing important work around the world? Forum One is looking for a User Experience Designer to join us at our headquarters in Alexandria, Va.
What you'll do:
- Execute UX tasks and approaches including audience research, usability reviews and testing, analytics, layout sketching, prototype creation, content strategy, data visualization, and mobile design.
- Lead clients and teams in crafting and executing project strategic visions, using research and analysis, sketching and prototyping, and structure and workflow planning.
- Listen to understand the client’s concerns and helps the project team set the direction with transparency and clarity on project vision, audience focus, and UX aspects using using simple language, concise messages, and clear next steps.
- Participate in business development activities (defining approach, scoping, budgeting) to offer UX strategy and design direction.
What you bring to the table:
- Two to three years of experience in user experience design, preferably in a consulting environment.
- Solid online portfolio
- Experience with doing interviews, surveys, usability testing, Know, Feel, Find, Act; Pre-Mortem.
- Experience in delivering wireframes, personas, content models, vision brief, content inventories and audits, journey maps, heuristic review, competitive review and analytics reviews.
- Experience with UXPin, Sketch, Axure, Omnigraffle, Visio, Illustrator, Balsamiq, Webflow, or similar. InDesign, Keynote, MSPowerPoint, MSWord, and OptimalWorkshop Suite are strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
Why you’ll love it here:
- All employees are owners
- 401(k) match
- 25 days paid time off to start
- Flexible work hours
- Killer benefits & professional development
- Produce work for amazing, world-changing clients - check out one of those projects here
- Snacks, healthy ones and not so healthy ones
- Personal innovation budget
- Full staff retreats