Senior Software Engineer
ThinkShout is a leading design, strategy, and web development team in Portland, OR. We envision digital technology and strategy that creates positive change in the world. We craft compelling open source engagement solutions for forward-thinking organizations.
If you could work for a company that offered only one of these options, which would you choose?
- A tech company that helps nonprofits leverage technology to work more effectively
- A tech company that has competitive wages and a great work/life balance
- A tech company with an amazing company culture
What if there was a company that offered all three?
We’re ThinkShout and we find creative and innovative ways to design and develop software that helps nonprofits and organizations promoting social good to fulfill their missions.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us expand our mission to help nonprofits and organizations grow and succeed.
Senior Software Engineers at ThinkShout are responsible for the technical architecture and delivery of world-class open source solutions built with Drupal, PHP, Symfony, Angular, Ember, Ruby, Jekyll, Node.js and anything else that serves our clients, the nonprofit tech community, and is a blast to play (and work) with.
- Three years of experience working with open source frameworks.
- PHP, SQL, JS, SCM, AJAX/AHAH, HTML5, SASS, CSS and TDD (to name a few) are much more than just acronyms to you.
- Two years of experience developing with Drupal.
- You can leverage devops, continuous integration, and services such as Travis CI to craft development and deployment workflows.
- You understand that technical architecture involves bridging the gap between real world problems and the technology that solves them.
- You have an interest in working with new, emergent web technologies and concepts, such as decoupled apps.
- You’re a self-starter; you care about your development tools; you stay on top of new technologies and development best practices.
- You don’t mind spending time in the programming trenches.
- You want to make a commitment to our team, work, community, and clients.
You’ll love this job because of our culture and the opportunity you’ll have to work directly with good people making real change in the world. The team at ThinkShout values working together because we’ve created a supportive environment where we can share our expertise and learn from each other.
You’ll appreciate and enjoy the work because you believe in the missions of the nonprofits and organizations we serve. The time you invest into the nonprofits we serve will have a significant impact locally, throughout the country and around the world. You’ll go home at night knowing you used energy and skills for something you can be proud of.
This is a full-time position based in our peaceful office in downtown Portland, OR. We have a strong focus on work/life balance with a flexible office hours policy. This position includes opportunities to learn and attend conferences and onsite client meetings.
The salary will depend on experience. On top of salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including
- Health insurance with dental, vision, and alternative care
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account
- 401k with a 2% match
- Life insurance and short term disability insurance
- Family leave
- A very generous 30 days of PTO, including holidays
- Weekly lunch and learns, team sprints, annual CPR training and more!
Please note that while most of our team is concentrated in our Portland, OR, office, we’re happy to consider remote work for the right candidate.