Content Architecture in Drupal 7 vs Drupal 8
Content architecture in Drupal 8 has changed, mostly in positive ways.
- Before Paragraphs, Field Collections was a popular choice for Drupal 7 sites if you wanted a "collection of fields".
- In Drupal 7, we might use Bean to make "fieldable blocks" but, in Drupal 8, we can use core blocks.
- In Drupal 7, we can reuse fields across different types of entities, but in Drupal 8 we can't.
These are just some of the differences that impact how we will implement our content architecture in Drupal 8.
In this session, we'll discuss:
- Reusing Fields
- Paragraphs vs Field Collections
- Bean vs Block Types
- Content Types vs Custom Entities
- Entity Construction Kit
- and more...
This session is best suited for architects, technical leads, and developers who "do it all", but anyone interested in content architecture will benefit from this session.
This session is most suitable for intermediates but beginners with a basic understanding of Drupal will learn some nice tips as well.
About the Speaker:
Kristen has been working with Drupal since 2004 as a developer and architect, specializing in multilingual, migrations, and SEO. She has presented at many DrupalCons, BADCamps, Stanford camps, and other Drupal camps and user group meetings.