Live The Dream, Work Remote: Building a Successful Distributed Drupal Shop
Virtual. Remote. Distributed. This style of organization is becoming wildly more in demand and popular among many industries including web shops. However, building and sustaining a strong relationship requires a unique approach and making us of variety of tools to create the right work culture. In this session we will talk about key tactics to keep your development (and all other staff) happy, inspired, creative, productive and most importantly, part of YOUR team.
- Developers are the lifeline of the business.
- Open source software development is hard.
- It is unfortunately easy to take developer's work for granted.
What we will cover:
- Company processes to build a great culture for distributed teams
- Hiring practices to find the best remote talent
- Communication tactics for a distributed team
- Standard causes of burnout
- Scheduling work with a team over multiple time-zones
- Meeting client needs without sacrificing quality
What you will takeaway:
- They key to creating a culture that empowers and attracts the best remote workers
- Ability to meet client needs with a team distributed throughout the world
- Knowledge to build out your current (or potential) distributed shop
Anne Stefanyk is Founder and CEO of Kanopi Studios, a North American website design and development company based on the West Coast specializing in Drupal, Wordpress and Ruby on Rails projects. Anne has been in the technology industry for over 11 years. Over the last six years growing Kanopi Studios, she has assembled an amazing team of developers, UX specialists, designers and project managers and built a large portfolio of diversified clients and projects. When it comes to development, we do it all. Design, Development, Strategy, Support!