Release Management for Live Websites
When working with multiple larger Support-based contracts, "agile" can start to break down after the Implementation stage. Once a site goes live, often the project team will be adjusted, or sometimes it will change completely. Because of this, certain changes to the development workflow should be considered.
- What are the Dev, Stage, Live environments for anyway?
- How often do I deploy changes to each environment?
- How do I timebox each project?
- What is a release cycle?
- What are these things?
- Merge conflicts
- integration/develop/master/staging branches
- release tagging
- How can Continuous Integration and automated testing fit in?
- Benefits that can be leveraged using certain features of JIRA and Github/Bitbucket
- Working collaboratively with a team instead of "too many cooks"
This presentation covers the basic and advanced concepts of managing ongoing support of a live website and its ecosystem.