Web Virtual Reality - Overview and "How To" Demo
Heard of Google Cardboard, HTC Vive or Oculus Rift? Saw Lawnmower Man once?
Well you can make VR stuff on the web, for use in popular VR devices, and they can even be used by standard desktop and mobile browsers. You can even integrate Virtual Reality sites with your favorite CMS.
In this session we'll go over:
- Quick overview of the VR Landscape, hardware, software, and applications
- Google Cardboard specifically
- Overview of Web VR technologies
- How to build your first VR web site on Codepen.io
- Potential applications/directions for VR
- How to build VR web sites with A-frame
- How we built vr.lullabot.com
Slides (subject to change):