You are not logged in!
After registering, return to this page to sign up for the summit.
Perhaps more than any other discipline, front-end development has been rapidly evolving over the past several years to accommodate an ever-changing variety of workflows, toolsets, best practices, and technologies. As BADCamp turns 10, let us acknowledge the past, assess current trends, and discuss the future of front-end development.
Topics will include:
- Drupal 8 theming
- Component-driven design and development, such as integrating style guides into your Drupal theme
- Optimizing front-end performance
- Headless Drupal
- Fonts, SVGs and more!
Summit schedule is in progress and subject to change.
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m: Registration
9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m: Welcome and Introduction (David Hwang - AAA)
9:30 a.m. - 10:15 a.m: Frontend Architecture (Sam Richard - IBM)
10:15 a.m. - 11:00 a.m: Component Driven Theming (Mario Hernandez - Mediacurrent)
11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.: Performance Matters (Casey Wight - Chapter Three)
11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m: Lunch
1:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m: The Future of Web Fonts (Kendall Totten - Red Hat)
1:45 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Designing Drupal 8 (Bojhan Somers)
2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Lightning Talks
- Fonts, SVGs (Casey Wight, Chapter Three)
- Premium Drupal Themes (Morten Birch, Tag1)
- Paragraphs and Bootstrap (Jim Birch, Xeno Media)
- Architecting the Most Over-Engineered Blog Ever (Sally Young, Lullabot)
3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Panels
- Drupal 8 Theming Roadmap (Twig, PatternLab, Components, KSS Node Paragraphs) (Chaz Chumley - Forum One, Laurii Eskola - Druid, Morten Birch - Tag1, David Hwang - AAA, Mario Hernandez - Mediacurrent, Jason Savino - Kanopi Studios, Scott Reeves - Digital Echidna)
- But What If We Didn’t Need to Deal with the Theme System! (Kendall Totten - Red Hat, Sam Richard - IBM, Matt Davis - Mediacurrent, Sally Young - Lullabot, Brian Reese- Acquia)