You are not logged in!
After registering, return to this page to sign up for the summit.
The BADCamp Nonprofit Summit (NPS) is back in Berkeley for 2016 with even more opportunities for nonprofits and developers to collaborate, learn, and grow! We’ve got a full day of case studies, presentations, and small-group breakout sessions, all led by nonprofit tech experts. Come and discover new tools and strategies, learn how to use them, and make contacts with other members of the Drupal Nonprofit community!
Event date and time:
Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:00
2120 Allston Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Summit Schedule in Progress and will be updated on a rolling basis.
Excited to see folks at the Marsh!
9:00am - 9:30am: Intros & Mixer
9:30am - 10:00am: Drupal 8: What’s the Plan? (Jess Snyder - WETA)
10:30am - 11:30am: Breakout Sessions
- Smooth Migrations (Justin Toupin - Aten)
- Drupal Integrations for Nonprofits (Gabe Carleton-Barnes - ThinkShout)
- Drupal 8’s New Features for Non-profits (Mike Minecki - Four Kitchens)
- Managing Constraints (Adrian Cotter - Sierra Club)
11:30am - 11:45am: Wrap up / Report back & announcements of afternoon
1:00-1:30pm: Meeting Non-Profit Needs with Drupal (Sarah Stapleton-Gray - Golden Gate Parks Conservancy)
1:30-2:30pm: Breakout Sessions
- Build Like an Architect: Agile and Accountable Drupal Site Development (Jeff Traynor - Forum One)
- How to Carefully Draft an RFP to Find the Right Vendor (Deborah Pappalau & Oliver Seldman - Kanopi)
- UX for Nonprofits (Crispin Bailey - Kalamuna)
- Protecting users data for web developers: how to avoid using third party trackers on your website (Squiggy Rubio, Electronic Frontier Foundation)
2:30-3:00pm: Automated Content Population Across Multiple Drupal Sites - (Jesse Browne - Sierra Club)
3:00 - 4:00pm Expert Hour
We have several subject matter experts on hand to answer your questions and facilitate conversations in their areas of expertise with the non-profit community. This is also be a great time to follow up with breakout leaders and speakers from earlier in the day with your questions.
- David Strauss - All things Hosting
- Nate Parsons - Content Marketing & Digital Strategy
- Jessica Tate - UX & Design
- Adam Ross - APIs
4:00: Wrap-up in the main theater