The power of Drupal lies not just in the core platform, but also in powerful contributed modules that allow one to build sites quickly and efficiently. The Site Building track is designed to teach you ways to let Drupal do the hard work without needing to write code.
The Site Building track is aimed at people looking to build sites using the Drupal framework but are not PHP masters, people who need better tools to layout their site, people looking to integrate with web services, and people who want to add advanced functionality to their site but aren’t sure where to start. This includes students who are new to Drupal, developers just getting started with Drupal, seasoned developers and freelancers.
Sessions in this track will be technical in nature, although they would not usually involve any coding.
- Information Planning and Content Architecture, Applied Content Strategy
- Migration - either from previous versions of Drupal or other systems
- Configuration Management Best Practices, and beyond CMI core functionality
- Layout and Theming using UI : Tools that allow you to build and control layout
- Distros & Platforms: Come talk about the next platform you are building!