Drupal 8 Multilingual Websites
Trainers: Hook 42 & Lingotek
It's hard for some of us to believe but not everyone speaks English! ;) Reaching audiences from different countries and with different language preferences can boost site conversions, improve user engagement, and create happier customers. Drupal is a go-to CMS for both small and large websites. But, until Drupal 8, building a multilingual site in Drupal has been quite challenging. In Drupal 7, it can take up to 20 core and community modules (or more!), lots of configuration, and often many patches from the issue queues to get a site prepped for multiple languages and translations. But have no fear!
Hook 42 and Lingotek will be rockin' a hands-on multilingual workshop that covers Drupal 8 and an integration to Lingotek's Translation Management System.
Throughout the day, mentors will answer your questions as you go through the training materials at your own pace. You'll get to bring the books home with you for reference when building your next multilingual site.
You'll be learning a lot in one day! Here are some highlights:
- Understand what Drupal components might need translations
- Configure interface translations to be pulled from localize.drupal.org automatically
- Pros and cons between node/content translation and field/entity translation
- Configure entities (nodes, comments, users, etc.) for translations
- Update views, site variables, and other configuration to support different languages
Please be ready to go at 9am or earlier. If you are late, we might assume you are not coming and give away your spot if there is someone on the waiting list.
- Introductions of the group and personal objectives
- Introduction of Multilingual Concepts
- Comparison of Drupal 7 and Drupal 8
- Get started with a test site (Pantheon or SimplyTest.me)
- Drupal 8 Workshop (pre-lunch activities)
- Drupal 8 Workshop (post-lunch activities)
- Lingotek Review of multilingual workflows (core & extended with Lingotek's TMS)
- Advanced Topic Discussion and General Questions and Answers
Who Will Gain the Most From This Training?
This workshop is geared towards Drupal site builders, developers, and themers who are familiar with building Drupal 7 websites. Beginner Drupalers are welcome but, to get the most out of the training, it would be good to understand Drupal basics like creating content types, blocks, views, and users.
Prerequisites for this Course
We have a lot of material to cover so, to hit the ground running, you'll need:
- Experience building Drupal 7 sites
We'll provide a Drupal 7 site and Drupal 8 site for each attendee which can be used for the training (or you can use your own working Drupal 7 or Drupal 8 environment but make sure it is fully setup prior to the training).
We'll provide a Drupal 7 site and Drupal 8 site for each attendee which can be used for the training (or you can use your own working Drupal 7 or Drupal 8 environment but make sure it is fully setup prior to the training)
Secure your seat today with a $20 fully-refundable deposit -- openings go quickly, and classes will fill up fast.