Trainers: Hook 42
SEO stands for "Search Engine Optimization." Improving your website's SEO can translate into more visitors, better conversions, and more sales. This is why people care about it and why you should, too!
When properly configured, Drupal is a very SEO-friendly web framework. The trick is to know which Drupal SEO modules you need to install and how to optimally configure them. Configuration doesn’t stop at the module level - a solid content strategy is required to make the most effective and optimized website. “Content is King” and our job is to make Drupal showcase content in the most effective way to consumers and search engines.
This full-day training will enable you with the tools and knowledge to make YOUR website get to the top of Google!
The Hook 42 team will help you:
- Understand what SEO is and why it is important to web business.
- Cover the do’s and don’ts of general SEO practices.
- Apply SEO practices to a Drupal environment:
- Know the modules needed to prepare a website to support SEO.
- Configure system level, module level, and content level settings to support SEO.
- Use tools and techniques to test and tune your SEO configurations.
- How to support an SEO tuned site over time.
Syllabus / Agenda
Each section of the class will include a combination of lecture steps and guided hands-on exercises. In the configuration sections of the training, we will be enabling, configuring, and testing modules. In the content targeted sections, we will be performing site building tasks with content-specific SEO configurations.
- Intro / SEO Concepts (Lecture)
- SEO tools (part 1) (Lecture + Hands-on)
- Preparing your website for SEO - system level config (Lecture + Hands-on)
- Extended SEO configuration (specific module level config) (Lecture + Hands-on)
- Content level configuration - content structured for SEO - (Lecture + Hands-on)
- Content level configuration - taxonomy structured for SEO - (Lecture + Hands-on)
- Content level configuration - metadata structured for SEO - (Lecture + Hands-on)
- Content level configuration - lists / views structured for SEO - (Lecture + Hands-on)
- SEO tools (part 2) - Test your training site! - (Lecture + Hands on)
- Other SEO Drupal modules - (Lecture)
- SEO for Drupal 8 - (Lecture)
- Q&A - (Discussion)
Who will gain the most from training?
- Site builders.
- SEM/SEO/Marketing folks that dabble in Drupal site building.
- Developers working in a marketing heavy web business.
- Independent developers that perform all roles in website creation.
Prerequisites for the course
A network-connected laptop with SFTP software, a browser, and a text editor installed. Any operating system can be used, although our team is most experienced with Mac and Unix based environments. Most configuration will be done directly on the hosted development environment via web browser.
For the course exercises
Familiarity with enabling and configuring a module, basic site building creating content types and taxonomy vocabularies, and creating content using content types and taxonomies. Experience navigating drupal.org module pages.
For SEO topics
We’ll cover SEO in depth in the course of the session. No previous SEO experience is required.
Each trainee will have access to their own hosted development environment pre-loaded with the modules used in the course. Modules will be enabled through the course of the day’s exercises. The training environment will be live for 30 days. Trainees will have full access to all assets used in the class to download and reference in the future. Training assets and links will be posted on our website, we will create an email list for follow-up questions, and use document sharing to collaboratively share questions and answers through the course of the training.
Secure your seat today with a $20 fully-refundable deposit -- openings go quickly, and classes will fill up fast.